Looking for a super easy, use-it-up recipe? Well, odds are you have most of these ingredients on hand. Enjoy this refreshingly simple pesto pasta salad as a delicious side or lunch.
Prep Time: 10 min. | Cook Time: 15 min. | Total Time: 25 min. | Serves: 5
- 1 box corkscrew pasta
- 1 1/2 c. fresh mint leaves
- 1 box frozen peas
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. water
- 3 c. shredded leftover chicken
- toasted pine nuts
- Prepare pasta as package label directs. Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, combine mint leaves, peas, Parmesan and salt; pulse until finely chopped. With motor running, pour in oil and water in a slow, steady stream until mixture is pureed and pesto is thick.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Return pasta to pot; add pesto and shredded chicken. Pour reserved pasta cooking water into the empty food processor or blender and swirl to loosen any remaining pesto; add to pasta mixture and toss to combine. Transfer pasta to a serving bowl and sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and more Parmesan cheese, if you like.
For more quick & healthy meal ideas, visit redplum.com/recipes.