Totally customizable and packed with nutrition, breakfast bowls are a great alternative to your everyday cereal routine. Made with good-for-you ingredients like chia seeds, almond milk, dried fruit and nuts, this dish makes the perfect power breakfast.
Yield: 2 servings
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 - 1 1/4 cups almond milk
- 2 small bananas
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Two pinches cinnamon
- 2 tbsp raw buckwheat groats, soaked
- 2 tbsp raisins, soaked
- 2 tbsp whole raw almonds, chopped and soaked
- Coupon pinches of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- Mash bananas in a medium-sized bowl. Stir in chia seeds. Whisk in the almond milk, vanilla, and cinnamon until combined. Place in fridge overnight to thicken.
- Add buckwheat groats, raisins, and chopped almonds into another bowl. Cover in water and soak overnight in the fridge or on the counter.
- In the morning, place your desired amount of chia pudding into a bowl. (Note: at this point, you can blend your chia pudding if a smooth texture is desired). You can add more almond milk if you want to thin it out in the morning. Or, if it's too thin, add more chia seeds to thicken it up. Drain and rinse the buckwheat/almond/raisin mixture. Sprinkle on top of chia mixture along with a pinch of cinnamon and a tablespoon of hemp seeds. Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup, if desired. Store leftovers in the fridge for 1-2 days.
For more healthy recipes, visit redplum.com/recipes.