Lunch doesn’t have to be boring and bland! Take on this classic diner recipe at home with minimal effort. Golden-brown toast topped with ham, turkey, bacon, creamy avocado and sun-dried tomato pesto will make this club sandwich recipe a staple in your lunchtime routine.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes | Servings: 4
- 12 slices sandwich bread
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon prepared sundried tomato pesto (or just a couple of pureed sundried tomatoes)
- 8 slices bacon, cut in half
- 1/2 pound shaved ham
- 1/2 pound shaved turkey
- 4 whole avocados, peeled and sliced
- 4 slices cheese (swiss, mozzarella, etc.)
- Romaine or green leaf lettuce
- Toast bread in toaster until light golden brown. Set aside.
- Fry bacon until just barely crisp, then drain on a paper towel. Set aside.
- Mix together 2 tablespoons mayonnaise with prepared basil pesto; in a separate bowl, mix additional 2 tablespoons mayonnaise with sundried tomato pesto.
- To make one sandwich: Spread two pieces of bread with pesto. On one piece of bread, lay ham on top of pesto mayo, then top with cheese and lettuce. On other piece of bread, lay the slices of 1/2 avocado on top of the pesto mayo. Top avocado with bacon. Lift the second slice of bread (the one with avocado and bacon) and place it, ingredient side down, on top of the first piece of bread.
- For the second layer: On top of the top piece of bread, spread the sundried tomato mayonnaise. Spread one side of the third piece of bread with sundried tomato mayonnaise. Place ham, cheese, and lettuce on top. Place other half of the avocado slices on the other piece of bread. Top with bacon slices. Place this piece of bread, ingredient side down, on top of the first piece of bread.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the sandwich in half (on the diagonal) then again in fourths.
- Serve with chips!
For more quick and easy recipes, visit redplum.com/recipes.